Thursday, December 20, 2007

warm and cuddled up in a freezing street corner

The year is slowly passing away along with it lost loves and broken promises. I am coming to the gradual resolution of sharpness that has come my way. While I cant wait for this one to be over, travel does bring unexpected skips and hops. So there I was walking an unfamiliar road, alone at 10:30 in the evening, cold yet filled with faith that i am out of harm's way. I would have gotten reprimanded as usual if they knew. A crazy lady out on her own. But instincts never lie and so i followed the scent of risk and found what has long been gone. I got what I was secretly seeking out for. Under the stars, freezing cold but warmly covered by desire, romance can come back maybe. One which defies possesion or place, no address, no place, not domestic and settled. But one that is on the road, travelling, moving in constant nomadic state. Conquering the world a highway at a time, in a beaten shell. Harsh conditions are but artificial environments that provoke despair. Underneath lies the sweet calling, a loneliness gone. Deeper is a kind of sweet death.
No the end is far from near.
Back in the warm tropical fever paradise of alcohol-ridden streets, I carry a new seed in my chest.
Fingers still numb from the cold, blood begins to flow again. And i only had to be winter to feel all of this again. sweet little trashy white bird, fish hums again

No comments: